In part 3 of this 3 part podcast Professor Raj explains the BAMBA model of happiness. BAMBA represents the 5 determinants of happiness in the workplace and includes:
Are You Controlling of Others Scale
1- Strongly disagree 2- Disagree 3- Probably disagree 4- Neutral 5-Probably agree 6- Agree
7 – Strongly Agree
1. I have high expectations for the people that are important to me.
2. I have very high standards for those around me.
3. If I ask someone to do something I expect it to be done flawlessly.
4. I can't be bothered by people who won't strive to better themselves.
5. The people who matter to me should never let me down.
What it means:
5-15- Afraid of control
26-35 Control freak
Gratitude exercise to improve culture:
1. Think of a person that has had a positive impact on you in the recent past. (ideally not someone you have thanked before).
2. Send them a short note (or text) thanking them for the positive impact they have had on you
Check out the WestJet Ad that shows a great example of what abundance culture looks like!
Raj's online course links (available at no cost):